This whole journey started because I wanted to not end up in the hospital or worse.
I think it was the best kick in the butt I’ve ever received! The benefits from food or avoidance of, have been eye opening for me so far.
Hardest part for me personally was giving up carbs, not sugars or sweet things, but yummy pasta, rice and startchy veggies! gimme them potatoes!!
I am hopeful that in the long run I will be able to enjoy them on special occasions if I chose. But having given them up, the benefits obtained so far outweigh any craving I may have felt at the beginning!
So a brief outline of what my current choice for eating is: Lots of fresh veggies colours everywhere!! but I avoid any grown underground at the moment ( starches) Fresh cuts of meat – Steaks, chicken, pork, fish , some other meats as long as the carb count is low. such as bacon or sausage, Low Carb / sugar dairy products, nuts and seeds. Plenty of choices, loads of meal options and other than keeping carbs low at 20g total per day, I don’t count anything.
I eat 2 meals a day, one at 11ish and the other at 4pm and I don’t snack at all. I’m never hungry during the ‘fasting’ hours as I eat enough during the 2 meals.
So now on to the best part!! the benefits!
- I am losing weight. (23 lbs so far this month)
- I wake up full of energy and find myself looking for an exercise to do to use some up!
- My mood swings and anxiety are at low to 0 now. I’m off my Paxil and my confidence is growing.
- My brown spots (liver spots as they’re sometimes called) have faded to almost unnoticeable.
- A few old scars have faded, especially the ones I had on my hands.
- My headaches are a thing of the past, even if I feel one coming, I put a small piece of pink salt under my tongue and that’s it.
- I feel positive about every day and look forward to trying new things and seeing new places.
I know things happen at different paces for different people and I am grateful that in the last month and a bit I have benefited so much.
Hope you are all enjoying life, or working on getting there!